List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    Re: Multi "using" with '-'
From:       broeker () acp3bf ! knirsch ! de (Hans-Bernhard Broeker)
Date:       1999-10-27 15:27:00

Ajoy Victor (dajoy@hoy.net) wrote:
> I tried this:
[...]
> And it didn't work. Is there a way I can change
> the plot statement to avoid repeating the data
> five times?

The trick is not to repeat the data, but to structure them in a
different, more efficient way. It's close to 100% useless to write
columns into a "-" inline dataset that the accompanying plot statement
doesn't make any use of. In the case at hand, isolate the plotted
columns, and have only those in the file, like in the following
example. Note that the size taken up by the inline data will be even
less than one copy of the single large chunk of multi-column data.

plot \
'-' using 0:1 axis x1y1 title "Y1.mn" , \
'-' using 0:1 axis x1y1 title "Y1.SECEXD" , \
'-' using 0:1 axis x1y1 title "Y1.CONTIG" , \
'-' using 0:1 axis x1y2 title "Y2.CRUCES" , \
'-' using 0:1 axis x1y2 title "Y2.JORFIT"
#column '1'
1098
1092
1092