List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    Re: Arrow size in gnuplot V3.5
From:       "Dick Crawford" <crawford () arete ! com>
Date:       1999-10-25 22:41:29

On Monday, October 25, 1999 Bernd-Jochen Schaefer
<schaefer@pauli.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

>How can I change the size of an arrow in gnuplot V3.5 (pre3.6)?
>lt and lw work well but I have troubles with the pointsize option.

3.5 pre 3.6?  I don't remember what went into any particular version of
that.  3.7 was released last winter.  You can get it from the official site,
which is
    gnuplot.vt.edu/pub/gnuplot

But even so, arrows are drawn with lines, not points.  So "lt" and "lw" are
options on "set arrow", letting you choose the line type and width.  "pt"
and "ps" (point type and size) are not valid options for "set arrow", and
the "set pointsize" command has no effect on arows either.

The only way to change the size of an arrow is to change it length.  At some
point it would be lovely to give the user separate control over the length,
angular size, linetype and width of the arrowhead.  If I had some free time,
I'd (try to) do it myself.

Dick Crawford, aka crawford@arete.com

 - -
[[[[ to unsubscribe from info-gnuplot, send an email with body
unsubscribe info-gnuplot
to majordomo@dartmouth.edu
]]]]