List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    string from file to label
From:       "Birke" <me () nowhere ! no>
Date:       1999-07-09 12:46:47

Hello,

I want to read a string from a file and place it into a gnuplot label. The
reason is that I have lots of data files, each of them characterised by a
title in accompanying datatitle files; and I want to read these titles out
of the datatitle files and write them into the gnuplot label.

something like
  gnuplot<<EOF
  set label <transfer a string from datatitle file here to>
  plot "data file"
  EOF

thanks,
Birke

.
 - -
[[[[ to unsubscribe from info-gnuplot, send an email with body
unsubscribe info-gnuplot
to majordomo@dartmouth.edu
]]]]