List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    [Gnuplot-info] splot zooming crops plot at bounding box of visible axes
From:       Phil V <pv.bugzilla () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-09-02 12:29:35

Hello, is there a way to zoom an interactive plot beyond the bounds of
the axes? Or to increase the size of the axes relative to the window?
Currently the image gets cropped off at an invisible bounding box far
away from the edges of the window.

DETAILS:
I am using the command
splot FILE using 1:2:3 with lines

This creates a '3D' wire frame as expected.
I am trying to zoom the image to take up more of the screen.
When I turn the mousewheel it shifts the plot along the y axis.
When I shift turn the mousewheel it shifts the plot along the x axis.
When I control-mousewheel down the axes labels increase in one axis
and the plot scales down visually.
When I control-mousewheel up, the opposite happens, but the plot gets
cropped off at an invisible bounding box.

The magnifying glass buttons allow to reset(1) and the zoom in and out
buttons behave inconsistently: (-) repeated clicks shrinks sometimes
but expands other times. (+) similarly. Sometimes gives the KDE
message "bell in session 'default'".

QUESTIONS:
1. is there a way to zoom an interactive plot beyond the bounds of
the axes?
Q2. is there a way to increase the size of the axes relative to the window?
Ideally cropping would happen only at the edges of the window.