List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    [Gnuplot-info] Data structure
From:       Bo Jakobsen <lister () f77 ! dk>
Date:       2013-11-17 20:38:51

Hi all,

I would like some advise to how to structure data in the best way.

I need to make plots containing spectra as function of temperature
(as the one shown on :
http://glass.ruc.dk/data/data/J_Chem_Phys_139_101101_data/126HT/126HT.png )

I have all data in Matlab and normally makes specialized output files
for the final print quality plotting in gnuplot.
However, how do I structure this kind of data?

I would like if the plotting script automatically loop over the spectra
(the number of spectra could be written to a file if needed) and for
each spectrum
* The line style should change (in a controlled manner)
* The title/legend should automatically be read and added.
* On some plots labels should be added, which should also be read from a
file.

An alternative would be to make Matlab output the plot lines, and in
this way performing the loop.

Best
     Bo