List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    [Gnuplot-info]  Plotting parameters as data points
From:       Stemat <stefan.materne () physik ! tu-muenchen ! de>
Date:       2012-01-05 11:07:59

Hello everybody!
I have the following problem:
After a series of fits I want to summarize my fit results in a seperate plot
with every result of the parameter of the various fits depicted as a point.
Say my parameters are named a1....a7 for the fits I have (all have only one
parameter of interest)
I tried the following:

plot '-' w p ls 2
1 a1
2 a2
3 a3
4 a4
5 a5
6 a6
7 a7

However, gnuplot just plots the points (0,1),
(1,2),(2,3),(3,4),(4,5),(5,6),(6,7)

If I explicetly write

plot '-' using 1:2 w p ls 2
1 a1
2 a2
3 a3
4 a4
5 a5
6 a6
7 a7

it says ' Skipping data file with no valid points'
The same happens if i don't try to draw my fitparameters, but explicetly set
the parameters befor, e.g. a1=3, a2=2, a3 =0,...

So basically the questions: how do I plot parameters as data points?

As a workaround I could also print the results into a table file and load
this again. How do I do that?
Using the logfile of the fit is not an option for me as there is too much
additional information which I would have to delete manually.

I am using gnuplot 4.4 patchlevel 4 on a windows system.

Thank you for your help!