List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    Re: [Gnuplot-info] Warning message
From:       Thomas Sefzick <t.sefzick () fz-juelich ! de>
Date:       2010-05-22 12:16:15

this warning you get because you have strings in your data:

0 23 "slice 1"
0 22 "volume 12"

first, all data is read in as matrices (and so you get the warnings),
then the data block specified by 'index' is selected and plotted.

to test this, just replace the strings by numbers: there will be no
warnings anymore.