List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    [Gnuplot-info] Plot boxes with color determined by column data?
From:       Steve Cohen <stevecoh1 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2010-02-06 21:20:01

Given the following comma-delimeted dataset:

Roosevelt/Truman 1945-1949,-24.30%,D
Truman 1949-1953,-21.90%,D
Eisenhower 1953-1957,-10.80%,R
Johnson 1965-1969,-8.30%,D
Kennedy/Johnson 1961-1965,-8.20%,D
Clinton 1997-2001,-8.20%,D
Eisenhower 1957-1961,-5.40%,R
Carter 1977-1981,-3.20%,D
Nixon 1969-1973,-2.90%,R
Clinton 1993-1997,-0.60%,D
Nixon-Ford 1973-1977,0.10%,R
GW Bush 2001-2005,6.90%,R
Reagan 1985-1989,9.20%,R
GW Bush 2005-2009,11.20%,R
Reagan 1981-1985,11.30%,R
GHW Bush 1989-1993,13.10%,R

how can I plot a graph with boxes that appear blue for a D in column 3
and red for an R in column 3?

I have this:
set xtics rotate by -45
set rmargin  15
set boxwidth .5
plot datafile.csv" using :2:xticlabels(1) with boxes

How do I make box color dependent on column 3?