List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    [Gnuplot-info] gnuplot problem with replacement of variables
From:       Hauke Westemeier <hauke_westemeier () web ! de>
Date:       2009-01-24 13:59:54

Hallo,

(Sorry if you get this message twice; I wasn't sure how to use this mailing linst)

I have a file Experiments.txt containing hundred of experiments always something like

#x first Experiment, y first Experiment, x second Experiment, y second Experiment, x \
third Experiment, y third Experiment.... 13 7 15 8 12 9
15 9 17 9 17 10

Here is the plt-File I used trying to plot them and the problems I got. Maybe you can \
help me? Many thanks

Hauke

####################

reset
set terminal window
set macro

TitleExperiment1 = "first experiment"
TitleExperiment2 = "second experiment"
TitleExperiment3 = "third experiment"

N(n) = sprintf("\"Experiments.txt\" using %d:%d with lines title TitleExperiment%d ", \
n+n-1, n+n, n)

a = N(1)
b = N(2)
c = N(3)

plot @a, @b, @c #works, but I don't want to define all the temporary variables a, b, \
c...

#plot @N(1), @N(2), @N(3) #doesn't work, Error "N is not a string variable "

#plot N(1), N(2), N(3) #doesn't work either, maybe a problem of the double quotation \
mark, but I don't know how to get rid of them at the end of the string