List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    [Gnuplot-info]  plotting binary data with many columns
From:       kylin <kaiyang.lin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-07 3:11:57

Hi,

I am trying to plot from a binary file written by Fortran, which has more
than 100 columns.
When the number of columns is small (e.g. 4 columns), I know I can plot the
first column by

plot 'file' binary format='%*float%4float%*float' u 0:1

(leading and trailing '%*float' are due to Fortran output)

The largest number accepted by this format is 9 columns. Beyond that, the
format fails. For example, I can not use format='%*float%100float%*float'.

Is there a better way of plotting data in such a binary format?

Thanks for your time.
Kyle