List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    Re: [Gnuplot-info] gnuplot language
From:       rhubbell <rhubbell () ihubbell ! com>
Date:       2008-11-30 23:04:14

Ok, this makes more sense now. I'm sure it's obvious to some.
Was not obvious to me.

I'm still trying to understand parametric mode.

I would like to be able to create a plot like that using
experimental data.

Could one z-value be assigned zero all the time and the
other z-value be the z from the x,y,z triple from the file?

Maybe I'm going about this all wrong. The data is like
this:

col. 1 = date/time
col. 2-25 = data for hours 0-23

So the data are in rows. Does gnuplot not like data in rows?
I can massage into columns but that makes the data files
4 * (row oriented data file in bytes)