List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    Re: [Gnuplot-info] Dashed lines like http://gnuplot.sourceforge.net/demo_4.1/dashcolor.html
From:       Hans-Bernhard_Bröker <broeker () physik ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       2005-06-26 16:33:43

Bert Baesjou wrote:
> Hans-Bernhard Bröker wrote:
>>Bert Baesjou wrote:

>>Hold it right there.  No, you almost certainly don't want to use PNG as
>>the file format of a plot that'll go to the printer eventually.  Use a
>>vector file format, like PostScript, SVG, PDF or CGM, not a pixel-based
>>one.
>
> You sure are right here!

Then why don't you heed that advice?  Why still insist on sticking with
the PNG driver?

> I used "set terminal png font "arial" 8 transparent size 420,320" which
> the demo site claims to have used to generate all of the demo's.

PNG is a very special case --- there are two quite separate drivers that
can be compiled in to become "set terminal png".  They have different
capabilities.

 > But still no luck..... SVG also gives NO dashed lines.

So pick another driver.  Or convince someone to implement dashing for
the existing SVG driver.