List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    Re: shaded plot
From:       Ding Li <dingli () condense ! seas ! ucla ! edu>
Date:       2003-06-20 18:19:05

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Kevin Clark wrote:

> I would like to shade an area of a plot between two lines. for example the
> triangle between the flat line y=5 and the line y=x+5. I have not seen
> anything in the man's but I might not know what key word to use. Any help
> would be appreciated.
>
> kev

I think you can't do this if you are using gnuplot 3.7.3 or below. But
gnuplot do have a new version for 'fill' function. You can download the
new version and use the following script to implement the fill between two
lines.

set xr [0:5]
set yr [0:20]
plot x+5 w filledcurve y1=5
pause -1

You can find the newest download at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuplot/

Good luck

Ding

 - -
[[[[ to unsubscribe from info-gnuplot, send an email with body
unsubscribe info-gnuplot
to majordomo@dartmouth.edu
]]]]