List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    range rescaling
From:       Alle Meije Wink <a.m.wink () cs ! rug ! nl>
Date:       2003-05-28 12:00:02

Hi,

I have a question about range rescaling in GnuPlot.

What I have is a number of mxn arrays of which I want to plot the
columns. for each array (file) the colmun size is different. I use

set xrange [1:*]
set yrange [0:1]

plot \
'thesePvals.txt' using 1:2  title "5 dB" with lp linestyle 1, \
'thesePvals.txt' using 1:3  title "10 dB" with lp linestyle 2, \
'thesePvals.txt' using 1:4  title "15 dB" with lp linestyle 3, \
'thesePvals.txt' using 1:5  title "20 dB" with lp linestyle 4, \
'thesePvals.txt' using 1:6  title "25 dB" with lp linestyle 5

to plot it, but I would like to let x run from

1/<columnlength>:1/<columnlength>:<columnlength>

instead of

1:1:1/<columnlength>

Is it possible to rescale the x axis after the plot command, for example
by querying the comlumn length?

I couldn't find this in the gnuplot manual on the web.

Thanks
Alle Meije

 - -
[[[[ to unsubscribe from info-gnuplot, send an email with body
unsubscribe info-gnuplot
to majordomo@dartmouth.edu
]]]]