List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    How to PLOT Bars/ Histograms?
From:       Sriram Chadalavada <schadala () ittc ! ku ! edu>
Date:       2003-05-29 22:29:55

Dear holders of gnuplot wisdom,
     I am trying to generate histograms from a file using gnuplot. Being a
gnuplot newbie, I tried usual sources to get the information.
Googling across web/groups mostly gave results that spoke about "Filled
histograms". From what I gathered, there are ways to get around
the problem.

However, what I need is to be able to plot empty bars. Example:

    |-|
    | |
  |-| |
|-| | |
| | | |
|---------

Data File contains the following data:

x-axis classes  	y axis value (bar peak)

 0 9  			203
 10 19  		0

 20 29  		0

 30 39  		0

 40 49  		0
                  I tried using "gnuplot <filename> with boxes" which
resulted in the attached file. Probably the data file needs to be
formatted accordingly. Please give me some pointers (where to look or an
example program/data file) which can accomplish the above task.
							Thanks in advance,
							Sriram

SRIRAM CHADALAVADA