List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    Re: A gnuplot help
From:       matuda () film ! s ! dendai ! ac ! jp
Date:       2003-05-23 1:35:35

Hello,

If you do not want to use the syntax of "set xtics ("label", <pos>,...)"
"set x2tics" may help.

Here is an example;

 set grid x2tics ytics
 set x2range [-24:0]
 set x2tics mirror -24,1,0
 set x2label "Time (h)"
 set xtics nomirror -86400, 7200, 0
 set xlabel "Time (s)"
 set format x "%.0f"
 h(x) = int(x/3600)
 plot [-86400:0]  h(x)
 pause -1

>Hi,
>
>I have a file that I want to gnuplot.
>Inside the file is:
>0 0.1
>-1 0.1
>-2 0.1
>-3 0.023
>-4 1.23
>.. ....
>-86400 1.01
>
>(this file can be manipulated for the 'x' values
>since the file is script generated.)
>
>It successfully plots the graph, but I
>wanted to play with it a little. I looked
>at the documentation and couldn't find it.
>So I turn to you.
>
>I specify my xrange to be [-86400:0]. But I
>want to command gnuplot to make the x values
>to be -24 to 0.
>(there are 3600 seconds in an hour, hence 86400
>seconds in 24 hrs).
>
>I plot the graph in seconds, but I want the
>xtics to vary from -24,1,0.
>
>When I give gnuplot 'set xtics -24,1,0', all the
>data is overwritten in 1 area.
>
>Is there a way I can ask gnuplot to plot the x & y
>from the file, but change the view to something
>I want it to be?
>
>Thanks for a any help. Let me know if I'm unclear.
>Thanks.
>

>As Always,
>...Robert
>
> - -
>[[[[ to unsubscribe from info-gnuplot, send an email with body
>unsubscribe info-gnuplot
>to majordomo@dartmouth.edu
>]]]]

Good luck!