List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    RE: Time series logarithmically scaled
From:       "crawford" <crawford () arete ! com>
Date:       2001-10-11 15:34:49

On Thursday, October 11, 2001 Bert Van Landeghem wrote:

> Dear Gnuplot-user,
>
> I would like to plot a time  series like:
> (01.01. 1996, 100)
> (01.01. 1997, 150)
> (01.01. 1998, 236)
> (01.01. 1999, 529)
> (01.01. 2000, 1200).
>
> Is it possible to have the dates literally displayed on the X-ax like:
> 01.01.1996, 01.01.1997 and so on? How can I scale the Y-ax
> logarithmically?

Certainly.  Try this:

set logscale y
set xdata time
set timefmt "(%d.%m. %Y,"
set format x "%d.%m.%Y"
plot '-' using 1:3 with lines
(01.01. 1996, 100)
(01.01. 1997, 150)
(01.01. 1998, 236)
(01.01. 1999, 529)
(01.01. 2000, 1200)

I'll leave it to you to look up the commands in the manual or the on-line
"help" to see what bells and whistles are available.

Dick Crawford, aka crawford@arete.com

 - -
[[[[ to unsubscribe from info-gnuplot, send an email with body
unsubscribe info-gnuplot
to majordomo@dartmouth.edu
]]]]