List:       gnupg-users
Subject:    Re: book on cryptography (your opinion)
From:       "Julius C. Duque" <jcduque () cybercebu ! com>
Date:       2001-07-13 8:14:07

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Tuomas Pellonpera wrote:

> Hi!
>
> As this list is meant to be a ``general discussion and help forum,´´ I dare pose
> this question.
>
> Would you recommend the book ``Cryptography: theory and practice´´ (by Douglas R
> Stinson) for a beginner in cryptography?

No. Stinson's book is, in fact, more on the theoretical side of
cryptography. A more appropriate book for developers (I assume
you are a programmer) is Bruce Schneier's book, Applied
Cryptography, 2nd edition. In it, you'll find code snippets
written in C, as well as source for some symmetric key
algorithms (both secure and non-secure).

--
"When you make a mistake and don't correct
it, that's what you call a mistake!"