List:       gnupg-users
Subject:    Re: using gpg-agent from web server mod_wsgi script
From:       Bernhard Reiter <bernhard () intevation ! de>
Date:       2023-04-26 12:20:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Freitag 07 April 2023 01:20:07 schrieb Christian, Mark via Gnupg-users:
> I was hoping to gpg-preset-passphrase a gpg-agent running under the apache
> WSGI service account, so that a python gpgme web wsgi/cgi application could
> access the gpg-agent's private key in order to run various gpg operations.
> It seems the python mod_wsgi script is not finding the gpg-agent.  I'm
> wondering if this is possible?

apache and mod_wsgi are most likely controlling the environment variables
for the python process closely and running on a different user and thus
directory than your gpg-agent.

So the mod_wsgi process may not be able to access the agent's socket

> I'm using gpg2 2.2.27 and python gpgme_version 1.16.0

Other solution approach:
  Use a private key without passphrase.

Best,
Bernhard
[Answering an elder question where I haven't seen an answer to.]