List:       gnupg-users
Subject:    Re: Help needed
From:       Johannes Burk <me () jojoob ! de>
Date:       2016-04-24 17:14:10

> 1) When I open a new email message window, I see a green box in the upper right \
> hand corner which is labeled "OpenPGP". Is that right? 2) Should I be able to \
> toggle GPG on and off;

Yes, the green box in the upper right of the new message window indicates that the \
GPGTools are integrated into Mail app. In addition there are to buttons on the right \
in the subject row. The left one (open/closed lock) indicates if the mail is going to \
be encrypted and the other one if the message will be signed.

> 3) I composed a short Test message to send to myself. In order to Encrypt it, I \
> selected the text, went to Services and selected Encrypt. That gave me the \
> encrypted code in a new window. It seemed to me that I then had to select that \
> text, copy and then paste it into the new message.  There has to be a simpler way \
> to perform these functions? What are they?

It should not be necessary to encrypt the message manually as you described. If you \
compose a message to a recipient for which you have a trusted key in your keychain \
the message should automatically become encrypted, indicated by the button described \
above.

> 5) Even if I do not Encrypt the outgoing message, I get a window asking for my \
> Passphrase. In the older PGP version, I had the option to cache the Passphrase so I \
> did not have to enter it every time. How do I simplify this function?

By default GPGTools signs all outgoing messages. Therefor GPG asks for your password \
because it needs your private key to sign the message.