List:       gnupg-users
Subject:    [OT] keyboard mapping (was: Draft of nine new FAQ questions)
From:       Werner Koch <wk () gnupg ! org>
Date:       2012-05-25 19:45:26

On Fri, 25 May 2012 15:31, mwood@IUPUI.Edu said:

> And life is too short to go trawling the Internet for X Compose
> sequences.  If I could find a comprehensive table I'd probably use

Meanwhile I set my keyboard to:

  | mod3+ | normal | shift  |
  |-------+--------+--------|
  | P     | „      |  »      |
  | [     | "      |  «      |
  | ]     | "      |  »      |
  | 8     | ‚      | <dead> |
  | 9     | ‘      | <dead> |
  | 0     | '      | <dead> |

The P and the 8 are nice to use in German because there the English
opening quote is the German closing quote.  The ' »' guillemot is
duplicated for consistency (German commonly uses quotes for letters and
guillemots for books).  I don't have a compose key, because I like to
have the right control of my model M to act as an additional control;
the right ALT key is used for MOD3, left control for the window manager
and caps lock of course for control.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

p.s.

  key <AE08> {[   8, asterisk,  singlelowquotemark,   dead_ogonek]};
  key <AE09> {[	  9, parenleft, leftsinglequotemark,  dead_breve]};
  key <AE10> {[	  0, parenright, rightsinglequotemark, dead_abovering]};
  key <AD11> {[ bracketleft,  braceleft, leftdoublequotemark, guillemotleft]};
  key <AD12> {[bracketright, braceright, rightdoublequotemark, guillemotright]};