List:       gnupg-users
Subject:    Re: Symmetric encryption - options?
From:       "jpemail2001-321 () yahoo ! com" <jpemail2001-321 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2012-03-13 14:02:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> It isn't RSA because this is symmetric encryption.  CAST5 is a 128-bit block \
> cypher.
So its not really safe, is it?

@Robert

> If you choose to use someone's public certificate to encrypt a message,
> they use the private part of that certificate to decrypt it -- different
> things for encryption and decryption, thus a different kind of
> algorithm, an asymmetric one, is used.So you would suggest, to use RSA? I think so \
> because it seems to be stronger encryption.

The problem is I need to encrypt a message but I dont know the recipient yet. So I \
considered a passphrase method. Cause he dont need to send me his public key (if he \
has any).

But.... OK I will try to encrypt the message with a new created private key \
(specially created for the recipient) which I will send later to him, so he will be \
able to decrypt the message. A bit complicated but possible, I think!? ^^