List:       gnupg-users
Subject:    Re: Are .ems attachments necessary?
From:       rhkelly <rhkelly () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2004-02-06 22:47:05

W. D. wrote:

> I just joined this group a few days ago, and am finding
> that some of the email messages are contained in .ems
> attachments.  I don't understand why this is necessary.
> Can't the text be put in the body of email?
>
> Can anyone explain why these .ems attachments are required?

They are not. They are here to demonstrate that some folks
do not understand that mailing lists and news-group posting
*shuold not* have any attachments, unless it is explicitly
in the charter of the list or the newsgroup. Perhaps we could
all prevaill on the list owner to bounce such submissions.

Roger