List:       gnupg-users
Subject:    Re: gpg 1.2.2 update breaks kmail/cryptplugin?
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <ingo.kloecker () epost ! de>
Date:       2003-07-24 18:25:43

On Wednesday 23 July 2003 09:49, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder
wrote:
> After upgrading to gnupg-1.2.2-1 (Debian package), cryptplugin/kmail
> stopped working: gpg hangs with 100% CPU, and killing it produces the
> message 'the secret key belonging to the identity to be used to sign
> this message could not be found'. (Not exactly these words, sorry,
> this is from memory).
>
> Downgrading to 1.2.1-2 again helps. Anybody else had this? Do I need
> to recompile cryptplugin?

My guess is that you are being bitten by the following bug which has
been fixed in GnuPG 1.2.3 (which will hopefully be released very soon):
    * Listing keys is much faster again.

Simply compare the time that 'gpg --list-keys --with-colon' takes with
1.2.1 and with 1.2.2.

Since GnuPG 1.2.3rc1 has a bug which makes it impossible to fetch keys
from any keyserver (which has already been fixed in cvs) you should
continue to use GnuPG 1.2.1 until 1.2.3 is released.

Regards,
Ingo