List:       gnupg-devel
Subject:    Re: Web of Trust spam prevention (was: Re: recommendation for key servers)
From:       "Robert J. Hansen via Gnupg-devel" <gnupg-devel () gnupg ! org>
Date:       2021-07-01 6:13:01

> As I see the problem, links in the Web of Trust should be symmetric:   if
> Alice has verified Bob's key, Bob should have also verified Alice's
> key.

"Should" virtually always means "I can't personally think of a use case
to the contrary", which is a lot different from there actually being no
use cases to the contrary.

Hint: if Alice issues Bob his certificate, Alice obviously has verified
Bob's certificate.  But has Bob verified anything about Alice?