List:       gnupg-devel
Subject:    Block cipher mode?
From:       smu johnson <smujohnson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-12-23 18:26:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

I was wondering what anyone thought of including which block cipher mode gpg
uses in the -v[erbose] mode.  My guess is it's using CBC, but without
digging up the source and finding out for myself and asking here, who can
say?  I didn't find it in the FAQ, either.

Since -v tells you which ciphers it uses, eg. "gpg: RSA/TWOFISH encrypted
for: <somebody>", it doesn't seem too out of place to add the mode there
either.

Any thoughts?

--
smu johnson <smujohnson@gmail.com>