List:       gnudip2-general
Subject:    [GnuDIP] Re: watching a store from home
From:       Creighton MacDonnell <creighton () macdonnell ! ca>
Date:       2002-03-21 21:23:21

Please remember to reply to the mailing list, not the original sender:

+++++++++

> cmckenzie wrote:
>
> I happened upon your website by mistake actually.  I just opened a
> convenience store and have cameras.  I got a VM4 IP so I may watch my
> store from home.  I had to get high speed internet at home and at the
> store.  I need a static IP address but the cable company says no.  It
> is a Dynamic?
> I am clueless to these terms.  Is this program you have GnuDip what
> I'm looking for???

Any dynamic DNS service (which includes GnuDIP sites) will allow you to
refer to the PC in your store by a fixed name, even though the IP
address changes.

It is prpbably part of what you need.

The software running on the PC in your store may need to adjust to IP
address changes too.

--
Creighton MacDonnell
http://macdonnell.ca/