List:       gnudip2-general
Subject:    [Gnudip2-general] Invalid login attempt for
From:       Thomas Sandberg <info () topixx ! com>
Date:       2001-10-06 12:10:03

Couldn't manage to install gnudip-2.3.3, ended up with perl problems. The
start script couldn't locate it's Vars. Maybe a perl module is missing ...
Also I found the installation procedure difficult.

Anyway I installed the 2.1.2 version, it went fine (much easier because of
the install shell script) and finally I could make the server running. It
updates the master zone and works.

Now I run in problems using a client.
I tried gdipc.pl and ez-ipupdate.
Both doesn't work. The gdipc.pl creats the config file in /root/.Gnudip
okay, but after running the client I've got only
"Invalid login attempt for myusername"
then I tried telnet

[root@tomsand /etc]# telnet dyn.blafasel.com 3495
Trying xxx.xxx.x.xxx...
Connected to dyn.blafasel.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
z3R3PSs26A

brings this, what seems to me okay.
Obviousely the authentication process doesn't work.
Did I miss anything here. The README file tells nothing very special. Do I
have to setup something on the server side? The deamon is running

> 11603 ?        S      0:00 perl -T /usr/local/sbin/gdips.pl

and is working with the web interface.

Any suggestions ?

- Thomas Sandberg
"topixx" IT-System
Th. Sandberg
Hiddenseer Str. 13 =B7 10437 Berlin =B7 Germany
Support 0190 735449 =B7 mailto: info@topixx.com
http://www.topixx.com - Das Suchportal