List:       gnu-screen
Subject:    %f (was Re: ... (^W) ... always on)
From:       Sebastian Hanowski <sebastian.hanowski () web ! de>
Date:       2003-12-12 15:57:43

* Chris Cera <cera@mcs.drexel.edu> [2003-12-12 15:47]:
> > Correct me if i'm wrong, but a window that just *updates* would flag
> > a '@', given it is monitored for activity.
>
> I want it to appear on the hardstatus line all the time ... without
> typing the "windows" command.

Make shure your formatstring contains the f string escape, which stands
for the flags of the window. The manpage has an example string, which
makes use of it.

> > So given you're looking for the '!' flag and screen of verson
> > 4.00.01, your hardstatus format string should already suffice,i.e.
> > %w should do what you want it to.
>
> Well, I've upgraded to your version of screen, and I still need to
> actually execute the "windows" command in order to see either the bell
> '!' or activity '@' flags.  It does not show up on the hardstatus line
> otherwise.

Sorry, I was obviously wrong, because to see the flags the f string
escape is needed. My formatstring already contained it, so the '!' flag
shows up correctly, but the '@' activity flag is still delayed up to a
move to some third window for example...?

--
Sebastian

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/NhFolB/TM