List:       gnu-screen
Subject:    Screen in screen (was: Multiple commands in bindkey -> eval)
From:       Robert Kiessling <Robert.Kiessling () de ! easynet ! net>
Date:       2003-10-26 20:21:30

Sven Guckes <maillists-yahoo@guckes.net> writes:

> * Robert Kiessling <Robert.Kiessling@de.easynet.net> [2003-10-26 12:53]:

>   $ man screen
>     eval command1 [command2 ...]
>     Parses and executes each argument as separate command.

Ah very good, thank you (the old version I looked didn't have it yet).

>> The purpose in this case is to have a screen-in-screen (window 8)
>> with a different escape key, C-a for the outer screen and C-w for
>> the inner one. Typing "C-w 1" in any window of the outer screen
>> should switch to window 1 in the inner one, i.e. first switch to
>> window 8 in the outer screen and then switch windows in the inner one.
>
> but that way you lose *two* keys to the outer session.

Better ideas how to handle the screen-in-screen situation efficiently
such that you can jump quickly to any window (with a total of
considerably more than 10 windows)? The inner screen is on a different
machine.

Robert

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/NhFolB/TM