List:       gnome-print
Subject:    Re: [Gnome-print] GnomePrintMaster & paper size + Tutorial
From:       Lauris Kaplinski <lauris () ximian ! com>
Date:       2001-11-06 13:30:45

Hello!

Yes, although the gnome_paper_* functions are deprecated, there is no
better alternative at moment.
It will be somewhat sorted out in gnome-2. The main problem is, that
gnome-paper a) is in libgnome, where it does not belong, and b) does
not allow custom paper size and c) is not tied to available paper sizes
of selected printer.

Abut tutorial - I would be more eager to write it, if i'd know, that
everything does not change in near future ;) There is FAQ in
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-print but it need some cleanup,
and also is dealing more with imaging/font issues.

Best wishes,
Lauris Kaplinski