List:       gnome-gui
Subject:    Re: File dialog (long)
From:       Alan Shutko <ats () acm ! org>
Date:       1999-12-27 18:58:23

sungod <sungod@atdot.org> writes:

> Then I have to ask... what's your argument about making it harder to type
> this combination while touch-typing? Buy a real keyboard that was designed
> for touch-typing (two control keys) and this whole complaint goes away.

My argument is that I have a laptop.  Lots of people have laptops, and
they've got some of the most evil keyboards around.  My keyboard works
fine for most chords (I use Emacs), so if the complete key were an
option, completion would be usable on more keyboards.  You're not
going to find many key combinations which will work on all keyboards,
because most of them have been taken already....

Bureaucat:  A kitty who sleeps on your undies.

--
        FAQ: Frequently-Asked Questions at http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq