List:       gnome-devel-list
Subject:    pango and drawing text
From:       Jacob Gladish <gladish () spinnakernet ! com>
Date:       2003-09-11 15:50:08

Can someone provide an example or hint on how to begin drawing text on
the root window using pango? I've seen the gtk docs common questions
about drawing text.The problem I see there, is that a GtkWidget is
passed into the call to:

    gtk_widget_create_pango_layout( GtkWidget*, conat gchar* );

Presumably this it the widget you are about to draw text on, but
the docs say that the widget is used for creating a colormatp, font
description, and direction of text. Could this be any GtkWidget?

The other possibility is to create the layout from a GdkWindow. Can this
be done?

thanks
-jake