List:       gnome
Subject:    Recognize CD insertion
From:       "Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig.Obriain () ireland ! sun ! com>
Date:       2000-09-29 10:36:08

I am running GNOME on Mandrake 7.0.

When I inserted a CD into the drive I hoped that a file manager window would
open showing me the top level files and directories on the CD, what you see if
you open a file manager window and set location to /dev/cdrom, but it did not.

Is it possible to configure the system so that a file manager window is opened?

Any pointers or RTFMs appreciated.

Padraig