List:       gnome
Subject:    mount_removed signal for USB umount
From:       Raveendranath Kondrakunta <ravee.forums () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-06 13:59:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

Nautilus receives mount_removed signal, whenever we mount any removable
media device from nautilus. I would like to know who delivers this signal.

This issue I have is,

On some machines, this signal is delivered and on some other machines its
not delivered. Following is the test case to try for

1. Plug-in USB.
2. Open Nautilus
3. Select Tree/Places view in the side pane.
4. Right-click on the media plugged in and select Unmount.

Expected result: After unmounting the the device should be removed from the
side pane. The sequence is g_mount_unmount is called by Nautilus to unmount.
I could see nautilus registered for mount_removed signal. Upon receiving the
signal, the media entry in the side pane will be removed. This is what I
understood from code.

But, on some machines, unmount happens successfully, but the media entry in
the side pane is not removed. By debugging, I found that the signal
mount_removed is not getting delivered.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to debug and fix this issue?

Thanks,
Ravee