List:       gnome
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Gnome Apps forget theme in a KDE session
From:       Steven Pasternak <stevenp500 () bellsouth ! net>
Date:       2005-05-26 16:42:28

[Attachment #2 (text/html)]

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Lasse Liehu wrote:
  <pre wrap="">Steven Pasternak kirjoitti viestiss&auml;&auml;n (l&auml;hetysaika \
torstai, 26. toukokuuta  2005 19:17):
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Hi! I use mandrake 2005le, and I have the gtk-qt engine installed. \
When I open firefox/thunderbird/any other gtk app in a kde session, it
doesn't have the theme set right, but the ugly default theme. If I open
the gnome-control-center and open 'themes' or just type
'gnome-theme-manager', it adjusts the theme automatically and it is set
right for the rest of the session.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->I used 'gnome-themes-daemon' command to change GNOME \
applications to use theme  that is specified in GNOME control center.
    And to start it autom. at KDE startup, I linked it to
$HOME/.kde/Autostart/. But I think you can link gnome-theme-manager to this
folder. I used symbolic link.

  </pre>
There is no such thing that I could find. It wasn't installed, nor was
it found on any rpm search, even for distros as old as mandrake 7.x. In
the process manager, there is sometimes a process named
'gnome-settings-daemon', but I can never find its executable either!<br>
-Steven<br>