List:       gnome
Subject:    Re: Gnome questions.
From:       Surya Kiran Gullapalli <skg () fluent ! co ! in>
Date:       2005-05-11 8:29:56

Well,
I've build gnome-2.10 one more time (5th time in 2 days) and built went
fine.

I've got gdm, but the moment i login, i get nautilus crash. and the
window does not go away. I cant get bug-buddy also up and running.
Nautilus crashes and shows some message saying fatal error in gam_server
blah. blah. blah. what could have gone wrong.

Did anybody face this situation ??

Thanks,
Surya

Surya Kiran Gullapalli wrote:

>>> 02. when ever i run a gtk/gnome application, i'm getting these
>>> warning messages
>>>
>>>    Gtk-warning*** Unable to locate theme engine in module path:
>>> 'qtpixmap'
>>>
>>> apparently qtpixmap is not installed and i've installed qtpixmap.
>>> But now i'm not getting these warning messages, but the windows look
>>> and feel are of KDE/Keramic, rather than gtk native. Why is that so. ??
>>

>> This depends on the window manager. The window decorations depend on
>> the window manager
>> you are running.
>>
>>> I've tried changing theme using gnome-theme-manager, but nothing
>>> happened. what i've observed is when ever i run a gtk/gnome
>>> application from KDE, i'm getting this behaviour. If i run on other
>>> DE, i'm getting the native gtk look and feel. My question, how can i
>>> avoid the gtk warning on qtpixmap, and at the same time, i get gtk
>>> look and feel, when i'm on kde.
>>>
>> Window manager needs to be metacity for a GNOME look and feel.
>>
> Well, These things i'm trying at my home.
>

> But In my office, i run gtk/gnome applications on KDE, with gtk look
> and feel and with out any warnings?
>
> I checked the installation, and qtpixmap was not installed here.  Am i
> missing some thing here. ??
>
> In my office also i use Suse 9.1 with gcc - 3.4.3
>

> Thanks,
> Surya

Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing
your temper or your self-confidence.
 -- Robert Frost
Surya Kiran Gullapalli,         Ph. (OFF) (020) 56522624
Sr. Development Engineer,
Fluent India Pvt. Ltd.,
Pune, India