List:       gnokii-users
Subject:    Re: maximum memory locations
From:       Daniele Forsi <dforsi () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-22 14:24:33

2009/7/21 Vieri:

> Suppose I run:
> # gnokii --getsms SM 1 50 --force-file in.msg
> I guess it will save ALL memory locations with SMS in them and skip all empty \
> locations. All the SMSs will be saved in one mbox-formatted text file. It is then \
> my task to parse this file to extract each single message. If I only have an SMS at \
> location SM 3 and another at location SM 12, in.msg will just have two "mbox" \
> messages.

yes, only regular text messages are saved, I think confirmation
reports aren't saved with model=AT because they look empty

parsing would be easier using smsd, see the example for the file module
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnokii.git/tree/smsd/action
but you would still get the "invalid location" error if location 1 is empty

> Suppose I now run:
> # gnokii --getsms SM 1 50 --force-file in.msg --delete
> and something "goes wrong" right in the middle of the operation, say, when gnokii \
> reaches memory location 25. Will all 50 locations be kept untouched (not deleted) \
> because of the runtime error (so I can "safely" rerun the instruction)? Or will the \
> messages within the first 25 locations be deleted despite the command's exit error \
> code?

with gnokii each message is deleted after writing to the file, with
smsd all sms in turn are read and sent to the backend, then all
deleted

--
Daniele Forsi