List:       gnokii-users
Subject:    Re: SV: SV: Gnokii 6.0.22, Gnokii working fine,
From:       Guido Falsi <mad () madpilot ! net>
Date:       2008-02-23 14:40:42

Peter Toi wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> How is this done the easiest way, if it is coming from a freebsd port?

Hello, I'm the maintainer of the FreeBSD port. I'm working on the update
to 0.6.23 right now.

It is not a fast update because the Makefile reworking requires me some
work, and I'm no expert about autotools inner workings.

I hope to have something ready in a few days.

To get debugging symbols through freebsd ports you can just define
CFLAGS+=-g in /etc/make.conf and recompile the port. This should pass
the -g flag to any ports you compile (and it does for almost all, except
a few buggy ports).

Hope this information helps.

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>