List:       gnash-dev
Subject:    Re: [Gnash-dev] release branching
From:       Markus Gothe <nietzsche () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2008-02-21 0:22:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/alternative)]

On 20 Feb 2008, at 17:40, Rob Savoye wrote:

> I'm going to be making the release branch out of cvs HEAD shortly,
> most
> likely in a few hours. While this isn't a call for everyone to throw
> in
> last minute hacks, this is the time to make sure everything is clean
> be branched. Otherwise after I make the branch, we'll all be stuck
> checking in code in both branches.
>
> After the branch, the only checkins to it should be bug fixes, or
> documentation updates. I discovered this week our docs are in
> seriously
> sad shape, so I've been rewriting them. The initial changes are all
> checked in as well, and at least now the chapters are in the correct
> order. Much of the content is 2 years out of date.
>
> I've got a bit of cleanup of how the documentation gets built that I'm
> finishing up this morning. We now need both docbook-utils and
> docbook2X
> to build the docs, and although they build fine for me, getting the
> docbook tools working 100% correctly turns out to not be entirely
> reproducible by everyone, which I'm trying to track down.

All I know by heart is LaTeX, unfortunately in this case(?)... I'll
see IFF I get some spare time to learn docbook and that I'm alert
enough to focus on a rewrite. OpenWRT is taking compiling time at (my
other) work so I might be able to learn the fundamentals during
compilation. Also afaik the Linux kernel docs are in docbook format,
another excuse ;)

//Markus