List:       gnash-dev
Subject:    [Gnash-dev] export Flash animation as still frames or movie file,
From:       John Beale <beale () best ! com>
Date:       2007-02-28 21:23:42

Dear Gnash developers:

First off, thank you for the very useful program even in pre-1.0 form.
Apologies if Gnash already does this and I just couldn't figure it out...

It would be very useful to be able to export a flash animation to a
rendered file, either separate image files (eg. IMG001.PNG, ...etc.) or as
some video format.

In my case, I do video production with Windows XP. A client wants his
website flash animation as video on a DVD.  I was able to sort-of do this
using Gnash 0.7.1 and the "Camstudio" screen capture app: the flash plays
smoothly, but the screen capture often shows missing or duplicated frames.
It doesn't seem to be a processor speed issue; using the gnash -d option I
slowed playback down from 15 fps down to 1 fps but the captures still skips
just as much.  A direct file export from the flash player seems like the
cleanest solution.

best regards,
John Beale
www.bealecorner.com