List:       gnash-dev
Subject:    Re: [Gnash-dev] Building gnash on MingW/MSYS
From:       Hannes Mayr <hannes.mayr () indunet ! it>
Date:       2007-02-28 17:27:40

Klaas-Pieter Vlieg wrote:
> Did any of you manage to build gnash on MingW/MSYS ?
> Are there any pitfalls or peculiarities ?

I tried it with mingw/msys some months ago. IIRC there are some
preprocessor conditionals for MSVC++ which misguide the mingw compiler
and you need to fix these first. Building boost for windows is also a
task for several hours (compiling takes so long, but was successful).
I don't know any more where I got stuck, but at the end I lost a lot of
time and gave up. It was a lot faster to set up a Linux system on an old
PC :-)

Hannes