List:       gnash
Subject:    Re: [Gnash] multilib 64-bit users
From:       Jens Petersen <petersen () redhat ! com>
Date:       2006-06-02 3:56:50

[sorry for the late followup]

Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
> Anyone else having such problems? If the configure script can detect
> pkg-config, wouldn't it be better to use pkg-config instead for Linux
> systems to avoid all these issues? (just an idea, though)

I already suggested the same, but it was thought not to be portable
enough... currently I use a configure.ac hack patch to force it in.

   http://people.redhat.com/petersen/extras/gnash-0.7.1-2.src.rpm

is the current submission under review for Fedora Extras.

Personally I would like to see configure defaulting to pkgconfig if
available and otherwise falling back to the current builtin detection.

Jens