List:       gmp-devel
Subject:    user stack support for TMP_ALLOC
From:       tege () swox ! com (Torbjorn Granlund)
Date:       2004-10-07 18:49:52

Bill Allombert <allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr> writes:

  > We are changning the use of alloca for GMP 5.  It will never allocate large
  > chunks on the stack.  That change should make the stack usage very small.

  That is a very good news! Also I see on your website you plan to add
  more mpn_ routine, that also will be very useful to us.

Accomodating the needs of other packages (e.g., PARI, OpsnSSL) is
one major reason for the mpn extensions.

  Anyway, GMP 5 should make this patch useless.

That's why I reject it.

--
Torbj?rn