List:       gluster-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gluster-devel] tests are timing out in master branch
From:       Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <sankarshan.mukhopadhyay () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-05-15 6:26:53

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 11:24 AM Atin Mukherjee <amukherj@redhat.com> wrote:

> There're random tests which are timing out after 200 secs. My belief is this is a \
> major regression introduced by some commit recently or the builders have become \
> extremely slow which I highly doubt. I'd request that we first figure out the \
> cause, get master back to it's proper health and then get back to the review/merge \
> queue.

For such dire situations, we also need to consider a proposal to back
out patches in order to keep the master healthy. The outcome we seek
is a healthy master - the isolation of the cause allows us to not
repeat the same offense.

> Sanju has already started looking into \
> /tests/bugs/glusterd/optimized-basic-testcases-in-cluster.t to understand what test \
> is specifically hanging and consuming more time.

Community Meeting Calendar:

APAC Schedule -
Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 11:30 AM IST
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/836554017

NA/EMEA Schedule -
Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/486278655

Gluster-devel mailing list
Gluster-devel@gluster.org