List:       glibc-help
Subject:    Build loop
From:       fweimer () redhat ! com (Florian Weimer)
Date:       2018-11-21 9:21:00

* Fabiano Sidler:

> I'm trying to build libc on an arcane embedded system and it is stuck in an
> weird kind of loop. After entering the nptl subdir, the following lines
> repeat apparently endless:

I think this happens if a .sym file indirectly depends on the output it
generates.  You can avoid this if you split the .sym file into two and
only include some of the heavier headers (<tls.h> comes to my mind) in
those where this is explicitly necessary.

For more advice, we'd need to know what you actually changed in the
source tree.

Thanks,
Florian