List:       gimp-user
Subject:    Re: your mail
From:       Mark Lehrer <mark () hoist ! nlcomm ! com>
Date:       1999-01-28 12:57:11

    > Unfortunately for poor hapless victims like me, the majordomo server
    > rejects messages if the hostname does not match the entry in
    > Majordomo's recipient list.  Forging the "from" field doesn't
    > work.  There is simply no possible way for me to get off the
    > list without having a human do it.

   If by "from" field you mean the "From:" mail header, its not relevant.
   All that matters is the address you put in the body of the message,
   which need not be your 'current' address, but can be an old address,
   which is perhaps being forwarded to your current address.

   I have just unsubscribed from gimp-user from a totally different mail
   account / server, and got an immediate succeeded response.

Hmmmm.  I tried all of the host names that this machine has had and it
still rejected all of my attempts.

Mark