List:       gimp-user
Subject:    Gimp Weirdness
From:       cal godot <godot () odyssey ! jazzflavor ! com>
Date:       1998-06-29 9:50:28

I've been having a bit of weirdness where Gimp can't open any image files
that I have. I get an "Open failed" dialogue every time I try to open any
image file. The files will open with xv or xpaint.

My first thought was that this was due to my upgrade to RedHat 5.1, so I
upgraded to Gimp 1.0, but to no avail. I also upgraded my jpeg libraries,
but still cannot open any jpegs.

I'll confess to being a Gimp newbie here (no shame in that), and amdit
that I'm clueless. But I checked throguh the docs and can't find anything
that seems to address this issue. Somebody please help me; I'm on fire to
learn to use Gimp!

---
yr pal cal
cal@jazzflavor.com