List:       gimp-user
Subject:    Problems with Gimp and RH 5.0
From:       Matt Gushee <matt () it ! osha ! sut ! ac ! jp>
Date:       1998-06-24 7:43:41

Christer Eliasson writes:

 > When i tried to install the precompiled binaries to GTK 1.0.0 it complained
 > about not having Glibc 2.0.7
 > and so i set out to search for it
 > but Where is it as i cant seem to find it ://

That's strange. It should be at ftp.redhat.com or any mirror site. If
your usual site doesn't have it, maybe you should find a better
archive. The redhat-5.0 directory may be gone, in which case look
under redhat-5.1.

Hmm ... you're in Sweden? I've had good luck with

ftp://sunsite.auc.dk/

They have a lot of mirrors, so you may have to hunt around a bit, but
their Red Hat archive was complete and up-to-date last time I checked.

You'll need to update a couple of other packages at the same time -- I
think portmap and texinfo, at least, maybe more.

Hope this helps.

Matt Gushee
Oshamanbe, Hokkaido, Japan