List:       gimp-user
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-user] installing older plug-in
From:       Shlomi Fish <shlomif () shlomifish ! org>
Date:       2019-06-20 9:42:50

Hi David,

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 20:02:18 +0200
David_Beroff <forums@gimpusers.com> wrote:

> The Gaussian Blur plug-in was significantly changed at some point in recent
> months.  When used as a keyboard shortcut, it used to retain the prior blur
> radius values (et. al.) and would simply work by hitting the Enter key (which
> acted the same as hitting "OK"), i.e., two quick keystrokes  Now, the radius
> needs to be re-set for every single usage, (either manually, with a Preset, or
> with a click near "Size X"), the Enter key stopped working, and the selection
> tool type also gets reset, (whereas before, it wouldn't).  I have a team of
> several people, and they each have to make hundreds of blurs per hour, so this
> recent change is highly annoying and time-consuming.

You can redo the previous filter, and press alt+O for applying the dialog, and
there is a recently used preset.

> Since GIMP is open source, I had a thought that perhaps there would be a way
> that we could simply resurrect the earlier plug-in version, so my question is:
> How?
>
> (We're only GIMP users, not developers.)

You can hire a developer to forward port the old version of the plugin. The
sources are at https://www.gimp.org/source/ . Note that I am available for
commissions (see https://www.shlomifish.org/work/hire-me/ ) but you may
naturally opt to hire someone else.